How to Update the Garmin Nuvi 255W?
Garmin is a well-known brand that offers a wide range of GPS products for personal and professional use. Out of several GPS devices, the Garmin Nuvi 255W is the one that is most liked by the users due to its excellent navigation features. Like other devices, it is crucial to update the Garmin Nuvi 255W as well. So, here in this section, we have mentioned the steps to update Garmin Nuvi 255W.
All users are suggested to follow the steps to update the Garmin Nuvi 255W and get the most of their GPS device. It is a perfect GPS device that makes traveling easier and provides the users with the updated details of the route map.
The Garmin Nuvi 255W includes various interest databases with hotels, ATMs, fuels, and many more. Therefore, to get the most up to date directions on the Garmin Nuvi 255W, it is essential to update the GPS device. Thus, for downloading and updating the Garmin Nuvi 255W, there is an application used called Garmin Express. Hence, through the Garmin Express application, the user can quickly update their device. So to get the latest version of the GPS map, follow the steps provided here in this post.
Essential points before updating Garmin Nuvi 255W
Before starting the updating procedure, the users should keep some certain things mentioned below in mind.
- Make sure to have fast internet speed.
- Ensure to have flawless Wi-Fi network
- Ensure to have enough space on the device to store the updates.
- Avoid running any other downloading on the system.
- Make sure that Garmin Express is working correctly.
- Confirm that no problem is there with the hardware or the software of the GPS device.
Now, after checking all these essential points, proceed further with the steps to update Garmin Nuvi 255W.
Procedure to Update Garmin Nuvi 255W
To update Garmin Nuvi 255W, all users should follow the steps performed below. With the help of the steps discussed below, the user can easily update the Garmin Nuvi 255W device.
- Firstly turn “ON” the system and the GPS device.
- After this, make use of the original USB cable to connect the device with the system.
- Now ensure that the USB cable is attached properly to the system and the GPS device.
- Now manually open the Garmin Express application in case if it doesn’t open on its own.
- If the GPS device is already added to the Garmin Express application, it will start looking for the available Garmin 255W updates.
- Once it is done, a list of the available Garmin Map Updates will open on the screen.
- Now from there, the users are recommended to choose the update which they want to download.
- After this, click on the “Download Update” option.
- Now, wait until the download gets a complete notification on the screen.
- Then, after this, transfer the saved update to the device.
- Now after completing this, disconnect the device from the system.
- Make use of the “Safely Remove Device” option to disconnect the device.
So, hope that with the help of the steps provided above, it would become easy for all users to update Garmin Nuvi 255W. If any user fails to update the device, they should ask for assistance from the Garmin experts.